The past three days have challenged me beyond what I could have expected. It is easy in our livestream age to overlook the importance of gathering physically to do a conference like this. Full honesty, the livestream option is much cheaper! But, I believe you will miss out on what something like T4G and others offer when you are physically present. Here are just a few things being physically present at T4G did for me:
- There is nothing like worshipping with 10,000 other people
- Being physically present in the room helped me engage more in the preaching
- Free books
- I met up with many friends from school and previous ministries
- There were many opportunities to make new friendships
- The bookstore offered fantastic resources at a great price point
- Free Books!
- Praying and talking with friends who are walking through difficult times
- Bonding with my pastoral staff…“Larry!” *yelled with a Boston accent
- Connecting with, learning from, and networking with other bloggers
- Oh, and FREE BOOKS!
While there was a large investment to attend the T4G conference, it was well worth it. I am still processing the things I was challenged with. It was an energizing few days that encouraged my soul. The Word of God has a freshness to it right now and I look forward to applying the truth I heard to my personal study.
You have 2 years to get ready for the next one. See you at T4G 2018!
Lord Jesus, thank you!